Bulgaria President Opens Sofia UNESCO Conference
Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov has opened a UNESCO International conference on Monday in Sofia.
The ‘International Conference on the Safeguarding of Cultural Heritage and the Promotion of Cultural Diversity - a Response to Globalization' is part of the visit to Bulgaria of UNESCO's executive council members.
The executive council members will also visit sites in Bulgaria listed in the UNESCO World Heritage database, such as the Boyana Church, the Rila Monastery, the Kazanlak Thracian Tomb, Plovdiv's old town, Veliko Tarnovo and the village of Arbanassi.
The forum is organized by Bulgaria's permanent representation in UNESCO, the National Committee on UNESCO and the Bulgarian Ministry of Culture and was opened at the President's Boyana residence.
- » Exhibition of Works by Bulgarian Artists Opened at the University in Istanbul
- » The Bulgarian National Museum of History Displays Rare Exhibits to Celebrate 140 Years of the Constituent Assembly
- » Exhibition for Michael Jackson in Bonn
- » Bulgaria will Participate in the Venice Bienniale with the Installation "How We Live"
- » BUZLUDZHA FEATURES IN NEW 'FRANKENSTEIN' OPERA
- » Ten Minutes of Applause for the Sofia Philharmonic in Shanghai