Bulgaria Education Ministry to Reinforce Literary Language Use
Literary Bulgarian language is mandatory in all Bulgarian public schools, the Bulgarian Education Ministry declared Tuesday.
The Ministry issued the declaration to respond to an internet petition that has already collected 80 000 signatures.
The petition claims that the mandatory use of literary Bulgarian is going to be eliminated and insists on keeping its studying and use as part of the State educational requirements.
The Education Ministry points out that in the project for the new Education Act, pending discussions in the Parliament, the mandate for the literary language was not only included but reinforced even further, with the requirement that standard Bulgarian is used, without exception, in all public schools beginning with the kindergarten level.
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
- » Some of the Libraries in Bulgaria have never been Repaired, most are without a Website
- » 200,000 Bulgarian Students will get Lockers and not Carry Heavy Backpacks
- » The Bulgarian State will Make Preschool Compulsory for 4-year-olds