Bulgaria Education Ministry to Reinforce Literary Language Use
Literary Bulgarian language is mandatory in all Bulgarian public schools, the Bulgarian Education Ministry declared Tuesday.
The Ministry issued the declaration to respond to an internet petition that has already collected 80 000 signatures.
The petition claims that the mandatory use of literary Bulgarian is going to be eliminated and insists on keeping its studying and use as part of the State educational requirements.
The Education Ministry points out that in the project for the new Education Act, pending discussions in the Parliament, the mandate for the literary language was not only included but reinforced even further, with the requirement that standard Bulgarian is used, without exception, in all public schools beginning with the kindergarten level.
- » Shortage of Teachers in Bulgaria will Reach 10,000 in 2 Years, 39,000 in 8 Years
- » The Medical University in Sofia Received a Donation of over 1 Million Dollars
- » Additional BGN 13.6 Million Allocated for Compensation of Bulgarian Teaching Staff
- » Plovdiv will Create First Green Classrooms in Bulgaria as Part of Pilot Project
- » Anticorruption Education at Bulgarian Schools to be Expanded
- » Bulgarian Education Minister: Nearly BGN 1.5 Million will be Allocated for Innovation in 2019