Bulgaria Education Ministry to Reinforce Literary Language Use
Literary Bulgarian language is mandatory in all Bulgarian public schools, the Bulgarian Education Ministry declared Tuesday.
The Ministry issued the declaration to respond to an internet petition that has already collected 80 000 signatures.
The petition claims that the mandatory use of literary Bulgarian is going to be eliminated and insists on keeping its studying and use as part of the State educational requirements.
The Education Ministry points out that in the project for the new Education Act, pending discussions in the Parliament, the mandate for the literary language was not only included but reinforced even further, with the requirement that standard Bulgarian is used, without exception, in all public schools beginning with the kindergarten level.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » One in Ten Bulgarians between the ages of 18 and 24 has Dropped out of School Early
- » Working as a Bulgarian Student in Europe: What You Need to Know About Work Permits
- » Bulgaria: A Draft Regulation provides for Military training for 10th and 11th Grade Students
- » 15.2% are the Teachers under 35 in Bulgaria, 54 is the Average Age
- » Bulgaria: The Affordable Option for Quality Education in Europe
- » The Bulgarian Parliament decided: Free Textbooks for Students from Grades 1 to 12