Adolf Hitler Paintings Sold for EUR 100 000
The UK Mullock's Art Auctioneers sold Wednesday a series of watercolors thought to be painted by Adolf Hitler for over EUR 100 000.
The 13 works were mostly landscapes and were found earlier in 2009 in a garage. Several of the paintings, which are mainly landscapes, are signed "A. Hitler" in the corner.
A work that appears to be a self-portrait that portrays a man using a side-parting and sitting on a stone bridge sold for GBP 10 000.
"I am very pleased. I thought they would go for between GBP 5-6 000. As works of art, they are hardly Picasso. You can take a view of Adolf Hitler and his prowess as an artist but I don't think anybody would agree he was in the first rank, by any means", Richard Westwood-Brookes, from Mullock's, said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Resort Albena Attracts Tourists with Beach Library
- » Bansko Nomad Fest: Celebrating the Digital Nomad Lifestyle in Bansko, Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv to Host One-of-a-Kind Comedy Festival in July
- » Never Forget Your Past! New Life for Buzludzha Monument - Bulgaria
- » New Symphony Orchestra to Perform Its First Concert in Memoriam of James Pardew
- » World-Renowned Violinist Midori to Play with Sofia Philharmonic