Bulgaria Bansko Ski Resort Happy with Winter Season
Bulgaria's Bansko ski resort had a very satisfying winter season despite the global financial crisis affect on the tourist business.
This was announced by Ivan Obreikov, Manager of Ulen AD, which is the company that holds the Pirin mountain ski area, and cited by the Bulgarian Information Agency, BTA.
In his words, despite the negative effects of the global financial crisis, there were many tourists in Bansko during the 2008-2009 winter season. The majority of the visitors were from Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, and Russia.
"It is crucial that Bansko was established as a modern ski resort, especially after the hosting of the World Ski Cup", Obreikov said.
Today the winter ski season is officially over.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts
- » The Political Situation and the Snowless Winter are Not Helping Tourism in Bulgaria