Bulgaria State Tourism Agency Targets Bulgarian Emigrants
The Bulgarian State Tourism Agency (STA) is targeting Bulgarian emigrants, aiming to attract them to come on holiday to their home country this summer.
"The Bulgarians abroad, with regards to tourism, possess huge potential, which must be used. Meanwhile we should not abandon traditional markets like Russia and Germany," chair of the STA, Anelia Krushkova, stated late Sunday.
Krushkova went on to say that she believes advertising Bulgaria as a tourist destination should focus on a few main markets, one of the main targets being the Bulgarians abroad. She cited Morocco as an example as the country advertises their tourist product into six priority markets. Five of them are other countries and the sixth - the Moroccans abroad.
"We advertise Bulgaria in 50 destinations abroad, we invest tremendous efforts and funds and the results are trifling," Krushkova continued, cited by BTA.
Krushkova concluded; "The cultural monuments should not unscupulously be turned into tourist attractions otherwise we will repeat the bitter experience with the overdeveopled Black Sea coast."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of the Winter Season in Bulgaria: Heavy Snow and many Tourists in Pamporovo and Chepelare
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts