Bulgarians' Trips Abroad Slump by 50% since 2006
Bulgarians have not changed their travel habits since their membership in the European Union, despite the visa-free opportunities it granted them, official data shows.
The number of trips Bulgarians made abroad as tourists have even decreased by 55% since 2006, a year before the country's accession to the block, according to data from the country's statistics board NSI. Travels in Bulgaria also marked a drop by 27,5%.
No more than 1,32 million Bulgarians made a total of 3.355 trips abroad and in the country in 2008, data shows.
Expenses per head total BGN 134 during private trips in the country and BGN 505 during trips abroad. The expenses for business trips average BGN 150 in the country and BGN 940 abroad.
The data was collected by contacting Bulgarian households and people over 15 years of age, who traveled in 2008 for holidays or on business trips.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts
- » The Political Situation and the Snowless Winter are Not Helping Tourism in Bulgaria