USSR Owned Bulgartabac, Russia Might Want It Back - Report
Bulgarian cigarette maker company, Bulgartabac, used to be owned by the USSR as part of World War II reparations.
That became clear in an interview of the head of the Economic Department of the administration of the Russian President, Vladimir Kozin, Pari Daily reported.
The Russian government intends to restore its ownership over that and many other properties outside Russia, Kozin explained.
In his words, the government is investigating if Bulgartabac used to belong to Russia. If it was illegally taken from the USSR, there will be a procedure to take it back.
"We are convinced that Bulgartabac used to be ours. Bulgaria thinks that thing have passed long ago. We have documents", Kozin said.
Russia's initiative for taking back companies USSR used to own started few years ago, when the federation started investigating foreign companies for Russian shares.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov at Inspection of Wastewater Treatment in Primorsko: We Have Fulfilled What We Promised - To Provide The Cleanest Sea
- » PM Borissov on First Sod of The Supercomputer in Sofia: Bulgaria is Becoming a Digital Hub in the Region!
- » PM Boyko Borissov in Byala: Rapid Implementation of a Shore Protection Facility is Necessary
- » Sofia - 20th in Tech Cities of the Future Ranking
- » H&M Closes 170 Stores in 2020, Focus: Online Business
- » PM Borissov Launched the Construction of a New Bridge and Inspected a Landfill in Troyan