Sofia Mayor Borisov Becomes Knight of French Merit
The Mayor of Sofia, Boyko Borisov, was bestowed Thursday the National French Order of Merit.
The ceremony was held at the French Embassy in Sofia. The Order, along with a special seal of the First French Republic, was bestowed to Borisov by French Ambassador to Bulgaria, Etienne de Poncins, and by the Secretary General of the French Interior Ministry, Henri-Michel Comet.
Borisov receives the Order for his contributions to the Bulgarian-French police force cooperation during his tenure as a Secretary General of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry. The Mayor thanked French President, Nikolas Sarkozy, who as French Interior Minister in 2003-2004, had donated EUR 5 M to Bulgaria for the purchase of police equipment.
The Mayor further spoke about the difficult current moral and financial state of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry and appealed to French representatives to help boost the Bulgarian policemen's self-esteem.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus