British Defense Secretary: Danish PM Is Very Serious NATO Contender
The British Secretary of State for Defense, John Hutton, voiced the opinion that Denmark's nominee for the NATO Secretary General post is "a very, very strong contender."
The information was reported by the Associated Press and cited by the Bulgarian information agency BTA.
Hutton spoke about Denmark's Prime Minister, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, in a special interview for a Danish TV channel. The British Defense Secretary said that the PM has shown "exemplary" leadership qualities and his commitment to the NATO operations in Afghanistan, with 7 000 Danish rangers in the area, was admirable.
Hutton declined to issue an official statement about London's support for Rasmussen's nomination, but pointed out again that the PM was remaining a "very serious candidate."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus