British Defense Secretary: Danish PM Is Very Serious NATO Contender
The British Secretary of State for Defense, John Hutton, voiced the opinion that Denmark's nominee for the NATO Secretary General post is "a very, very strong contender."
The information was reported by the Associated Press and cited by the Bulgarian information agency BTA.
Hutton spoke about Denmark's Prime Minister, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, in a special interview for a Danish TV channel. The British Defense Secretary said that the PM has shown "exemplary" leadership qualities and his commitment to the NATO operations in Afghanistan, with 7 000 Danish rangers in the area, was admirable.
Hutton declined to issue an official statement about London's support for Rasmussen's nomination, but pointed out again that the PM was remaining a "very serious candidate."
- » The New US Ambassador to Bulgaria Replaces Eric Rubin
- » Bulgaria and Cambodia May Activate their Relations
- » France Blocks the Start of EU Membership Talks with Skopje and Tirana
- » Bulgaria Opens Visa Centers in 16 Cities in India
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov on a Working Visit in Jordan
- » Bulgaria and Georgia Discussed the Implementation of the Agreement on the Regulation of Labor Migration