German Star Bobic Appointed CEO of Bulgarian Chernomorets
Former Germany striker Fredi Bobic has been appointed chief executive of the Bulgarian football club Chernomorets Burgas.
Bobic told German Press Agency dpa late Wednesday that he wanted to help create a modern club with European ambitions over the next few years.
Bobic, 37, who has been working as a television pundit, joins former Stuttgart team-mate Krasimir Balakov, who is currently the Chernomorets coach, monstersandcritics.com reported.
"He has experience and knowledge that could help Chernomorets," Balakov stated.
The club has the financial support of the Petro Holdings president Mitko Sabev and is focusing on creating a lasting youth project, with a new youth centre and plans for a new stadium.
'We want to go down a similar road to Hoffenheim, although that cannot be copied,' Bobic said of the club which came up from the lower divisions to reach Germany's top-flight Bundesliga and has also invested heavily in youth football.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka
- » Grigor Dimitrov Won his First Match in Geneva
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost Two More Positions in the Rankings
- » Grigor Dimitrov Negotiates with Becker to Be his New Coach
- » Liverpool stage incredible comeback win over Barcelona