Bulgaria Foreign Affairs Minister Becomes Shanghai Professor
Bulgaria's Foreign Affairs Minister, Ivaylo Kalfin, has been presented with the title of honorary professor by the East China Normal University in Shanghai.
Minister Kalfin is on an official visit to China. The awarding ceremony was conducted directly by the university rector and was attended by the consular generals of the Ukraine, Romania and Turkey in Shanghai late Tuesday.
Kalfin delivered a lecture on "The role of the Black Sea region and Bulgaria's contribution to its development." Later Kalfin had a meeting with top businessmen in Shanghai, including the directors of Bulgarian yogurt producers, Standart daily newspaper reported.
Bulgaria's Foreign Minister, Ivaylo Kalfin, visited China Monday to try forging even better economic ties between both countries.
Earlier in his visit Kalfin met in Beijing with his Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi and with Vice President Xi Jinping.
Both sides expressed their deep satisfaction from the strong economic and cultural ties between the two countries in the wake of the 60th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations between Bulgaria and China.
- » PM Borissov Met with the New US Ambassador to Bulgaria, Herro Mustafa
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Met with the Bulgarian Community in Moscow
- » Zaharieva and Lavrov Discussed Strategic Energy Projects
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Meets with Sergey Lavrov in Moscow
- » President Radev Will Attend the Enthronement of Emperor Naruhito
- » US and Greece with New Ambassadors to Bulgaria