Sofia Faces Idle Construction Sites of over BGN 3 B
The global crisis has put on hold construction sites valued at over BGN 3 B just in the Bulgarian capital Sofia .
The data was reported by the Chair of the Bulgarian Constructions Chamber, Ivan Boykov, cited by the "Sega" (Now) daily.
Despite the staggering numbers, the worse is yet to come, according to Boykov. The negative effects of the crisis are going to be really felt in the summer when all orders would come to a complete halt, he said.
Boykov further points out that there are many construction sites with building permits and secured financing, but investors refrain from starting them. The Construction Chamber Chair accuses the Cabinet over their failure to unblock the European ISPA funds, something he believes could greatly improve the situation.
Boykov further states that, in addition to Sofia and other big cities, the situation along the Bulgarian Black Sea coast was very dramatic as well with construction works being halted at vacation villages and hotel resorts, where construction shows a 30% decrease.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Maradona’s Death to Be Investigated!
- » Housing in Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Rose by 49% Within Four Years
- » PM Boyko Borissov in Rila Monastery: We Have Done Everything We Promised
- » Vitosha Boulevard in the Top 50 of the Most Expensive Streets in Europe
- » The Real Estate Market in Sofia Is Stable
- » Vacant Properties Increased by 24%