Traffic Slows over Crisis at Bulgaria's Sofia Airport
In February there was a fall in traffic at Sofia Airport for the first time since the start of the global financial crisis, the Airport press center stated Friday.
The main fall came in chartered and business flights which are being affected badly by the current global financial crisis. Normal airline flights were not affected as badly, with most of them leaving and arriving in Sofia full.
Domestic flights bucked the trend showing a sharp increase in February, with 9% more flights and 87% more passengers, Darik Radio reported.
Cargo processed at the Sofia Airport also showed a dramatic reduction falling 30% in February compared with February 2008, this can again be blamed on the financial crisis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom
- » Spurred by Film and TV Production, Canadian Entertainment Industry Continues to Surge
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension