Bulgarian Flag Appears Mysteriously at Sudan Street Rally
Bulgaria's flag was raised mysteriously during a street rally in the town of Sabdo in Darfur, Southern Sudan.
A picture of the demonstration, in which locals rallied to support the Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir, facing an International Criminal Courts arrest warrant, captured a Darfur resident riding a camel and waving a Bulgarian flag.
The picture was made by EPA, and is provided by the BGNES news agency.
It is still a mystery how the Bulgarian flag ended up at a street rally in Southern Sudan, and what is the meaning of its presence there, if any.
An International Criminal Courts arrest warrant has been issued against the Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir indicting him for crimes against humanity that include murder, rape and torture.
In retaliation Bashir has ordered the expulsion of foreigners working with thirteen aid organization in the destituted Darfur province where up to 300,000 people may have perished and over two million have been displaced.
- » US and Greece with New Ambassadors to Bulgaria
- » E.Zaharieva: Bulgaria Wants Constructive Cooperation with Russia
- » Deputy Prime Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva Is Visiting Croatia
- » The New US Ambassador to Bulgaria Replaces Eric Rubin
- » Bulgaria and Cambodia May Activate their Relations
- » France Blocks the Start of EU Membership Talks with Skopje and Tirana