Bulgarian Watchdog Press for 11% Lower Gas Prices
Bulgaria's regulatory authority has offered the state-owned gas supply company, Bulgargaz, Thursday to lower gas prices by 11,18% for the second quarter of 2009.
The gas price will decrease by BGN 69 per 1000 cubic meters compared to the first quarter of 2009. If Bulgargaz agrees on the prices it will sell gas to end suppliers and consumers at BGN 545,97 per 1000 cubic meters. The price will be BGN 533 for those connected to the low pressure circuit.
The Bulgarian gas providing company's CEO, Dimitar Gogov, declined comment on the prices offered by the authorities. Earlier in March, the company proposed a decrease of 10,5%.
A public discussion on the gas prices is appointed for March 24, after which the commission must take a decision on the matter.
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1