Bulgaria Royal Family First Site Launched
Bulgaria's former tsar and prime minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg presented Wednesday the first site, dedicated to the history and life of the Bulgarian royal family www.kingsimeon.bg
The site features more than 200 photographs, some of them shown for the first time, materials from the Golden Fund of the Bulgarian National Radio and the State Archive.
The former monarch, aged nine, fled with his mother and sister into exile in Egypt in 1946 after a ruthless communist regime seized power, killing his uncle, the regent, and then rigged a referendum to abolish the monarchy.
After spending half a century as a businessman in Madrid, he returned as head of a newly formed national movement called Simeon II. Simeon Saxe-Coburg's party swept the elections in 2001, but has since seen its influence increasingly fade. Currently a member of the ruling coalition, it is said to enjoy a very slim chance to make it into the next parliament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 24-year-old Bulgarian Woman Designs the World's Largest Children's Center in Italy
- » Britain's Prince Philip, 96, Leaves Hospital
- » Vanuatu's President Baldwin Lonsdale dies in Port Vila after sudden heart attack
- » Who Is Who: Top Bulgarian Tennis Player Tsvetana Pironkova
- » Bulgaria PM Congratulates Patriarch Maxim on 95th Birthday
- » Who Is Who: Bulgaria's Eurovision 2010 Representative Miro