Berbatov Heads Bulgaria Squad for World Cup 2010
Dimitar Berbatov is among the players selected by the Bulgarian national football team coach to take part in the upcoming World Cup 2010 qualifiers.
Coach Stanimir Stoilov announced the list of players to play for the national team in the games against Ireland and Cyprus, respectively on March 28 in Dublin, and on April 1 in Bulgaria's capital Sofia. Thirteen of them are currently playing for foreign clubs.
Elin Topuzakov ("Hapoel", Tel Aviv) and Ilian Stoyanov ("Safrecce" Hiroshima), who were not considered by previous national team coaches, are now on board.
The Croatian with Bulgarian passport, Igor TomašiД‡, who left the team after the game against Montenegro in September 2008, is welcomed back. He states that the reason for his return is the weak national team defense.
Among the new players, in comparison with the game against Switzerland in February, are Valeri Bojinov ("Manchester City"), and Chavdar Yankov ("Hannover 96").
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance