BGN 16 M to Be Given for Bulgarian Movies in 2009
The Bulgarian Ministry of Culture's 2009 budget foresees BGN 16 M for Bulgarian movie production.
This was announced by the Ministry's press office.
A government decree orders that 10% of the money, or BGN 1,6 M, will be kept for the second half of 2009, as an anti crisis measure. The rest of the BGN 16 M will be distributed between the Spring and Fall session of the Executive Agency "National Film Center".
The 13th annual Sofia Film Festival, a major cinema industry event in the region, started on March 5 and will continue until March 26. A total of 90 movies, another 40 from the documentary genre and 60 short movies feature in the schedule of festival.
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders