BGN 16 M to Be Given for Bulgarian Movies in 2009
The Bulgarian Ministry of Culture's 2009 budget foresees BGN 16 M for Bulgarian movie production.
This was announced by the Ministry's press office.
A government decree orders that 10% of the money, or BGN 1,6 M, will be kept for the second half of 2009, as an anti crisis measure. The rest of the BGN 16 M will be distributed between the Spring and Fall session of the Executive Agency "National Film Center".
The 13th annual Sofia Film Festival, a major cinema industry event in the region, started on March 5 and will continue until March 26. A total of 90 movies, another 40 from the documentary genre and 60 short movies feature in the schedule of festival.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bansko Nomad Fest: Celebrating the Digital Nomad Lifestyle in Bansko, Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv to Host One-of-a-Kind Comedy Festival in July
- » Never Forget Your Past! New Life for Buzludzha Monument - Bulgaria
- » New Symphony Orchestra to Perform Its First Concert in Memoriam of James Pardew
- » World-Renowned Violinist Midori to Play with Sofia Philharmonic
- » Famous Czech Photographer Bara Prasilova Presents Her Surreal Images in Sofia