BGN 16 M to Be Given for Bulgarian Movies in 2009
The Bulgarian Ministry of Culture's 2009 budget foresees BGN 16 M for Bulgarian movie production.
This was announced by the Ministry's press office.
A government decree orders that 10% of the money, or BGN 1,6 M, will be kept for the second half of 2009, as an anti crisis measure. The rest of the BGN 16 M will be distributed between the Spring and Fall session of the Executive Agency "National Film Center".
The 13th annual Sofia Film Festival, a major cinema industry event in the region, started on March 5 and will continue until March 26. A total of 90 movies, another 40 from the documentary genre and 60 short movies feature in the schedule of festival.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love
- » Bulgaria Marks 'End of Summer' - The Holy Cross Day
- » The Legacy of Spartacus, Bulgaria's Most Famous Gladiator
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Unification Day
- » Sofia English Comedy Night with Leeor Brooks
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the 143rd Anniversary of the Shipka Epopee