Bulgaria Commission Suggests Ban on Homosexual Lobbying Activities
Bulgarian MPs on the National Commission for Community and Medias have suggested forbidding gay lobbying activities, stating that they erode Bulgarian "social ethics". They suggest a ban on the vindication of gay marriages, homosexual co-habitation and adoption of children by gay couples.
The law on lobbying activity, which at present is being reviewed by the Commission, currently pledges a prohibition on lobbying activities that ‘go against Bulgarian social ethics' or that cause religious, ethnic and racial tensions, the Bulgarian daily newspaper Novinar reported Thursday.
According to the experts from the Commission; "if ethics does not enter the law as a concept, then there is a great danger that a variety of international gay organizations or separate homosexual couples will lobby for gay marriages and child adoption to be legalized in Bulgaria."
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders