Downtown Sofia Wakes Up Buried in Trash
The very heart of Sofia, the so-called "ideal center" woke up Saturday morning buried under piles of trash, overflowing from waste disposals.
A reporter of the Bulgarian information agency BGNES informs that all trash containers are filled to the top, while garbage littering the streets significantly surpasses the containers' volume and pedestrians, with looks of disgust on their faces, are trying to make their way through the reeking piles.
According to the BGNES reporter, the situation is comparable to the notorious waste crisis in Sofia in the summer of 2006.
The Sofia City Hall issued official statements Friday, affirming all overdue amounts have been paid to the concessioner in charge of cleaning the capital and the "Novera" company has begun cleaning areas where they previously refused to do so.
- » Tornado Injured 17 People in the State of Iowa
- » EU Nations Help Sweden as Wildfires Rage Above Arctic Circle
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria
- » Mexico City Earthquake: Houses Evacuated as 5.7 Quake Rocks Mexican Capital
- » A Weak Earthquake in Southwestern Bulgaria