Sofia Film Festival Opens with Bulgaria's "The Billy Goat"
Bulgaria's "The Billy Goat," by Georgy Djulgerov opened this year's edition of the Sofia Film Festival, a major cinema industry event in the region.
A total of 90 movies, another 40 from the documentary genre and 60 short movies feature in the schedule of the 13th edition of Sofia Film Festival.
The festival opener takes to the screen the eponymous short novel of modern classic Yordan Radichkov, the most subtle and prolific Bulgarian writer of the previous century. Actors Ivan Barnev, Russi Chanev and American Angela Rodel, who has been living in Bulgaria for years, are cast in the movie.
Sofia Film Festival schedule features three Oscar-winning movies - "Slumdog Millionaire" (Danny Boyle), "The Reader" with Kate Winslet and "Milk" (Gus Van Sant).
Tickets are priced at 6 and 8 levs.
Following below are some highlights of the Sofia Intl. Film Festival schedule:
"The Billy Goat," Georgy Djulgerov (Bulgaria)
"Palermo Shooting," Wim Wenders (Germany-France-Italy)
"Slumdog Millionaire," Danny Boyle (U.K.)
"Three Monkeys," Nuri Bilge Ceylan (Turkey)
"Farewell to Hemingway," Svetoslav Ovcharov (Bulgaria)
AWARDS CEREMONY GALA
"Waltz With Bashir," Ari Folman (Israel-Germany-France-U.S.)
"Autumn," Ozcan Alper (Germany-Turkey)
"Awakening From a Dream," Freddy Mas Franqueza (Spain)
"Possible Lives," Sandra Gugliotta (Argentina)
"The Firm Land," Chapour Haghighat (France-India-Iran)
"For My Father," Dror Zahavi (Germany-Israel)
"Baksy" (Native Dancer), Guka Omarova (Russia-Kazakhstan)
"Franklyn," Gerald McMorrow (U.K.)
"Chiko," Ozgur Yildirim (Germany)
"The Happiest Girl in the World," Radu Jude (Romania)
"Cumbia Callier," Rene Villareal (Mexico)
"Bahrtalo" Robert Lakatos (Hungary)
"Zift," Yavor Gardev (Bulgaria)
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Bulgarian Alphabet, Literature and Culture
- » Bulgarian Author Georgi Gospodinov Won the "Booker" Prize for "Time Shelter”
- » Bulgaria: Over 100 Publishing Houses will Participate in the Spring Book Fair in Sofia
- » Today: Many Museums and Galleries in Bulgaria will participate in the "European Night of Museums” - Free Entrance