Bulgaria with Lowest Base Interest Rate in Two Years
The Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has lowered Bulgaria's base interest rate by 0,43 percentage points bringing it to its lowest level since January 2007.
Thus, starting March 1, 2009, Bulgaria's base interest rate will be 3,49%, which is a 1,68 percentage points drop since the beginning of the year when it stood at 5,17%.
In December 2008, Bulgaria's base interest rate reached its highest value in ten years - 5,77%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » IMF: Global Growth is Slowing, Inflation is Rising
- » Bulgaria: Bread and Grain Products Rose in Price more than the Average Inflation
- » Bulgaria: One Billion BGN are Provided in the 2022 Budget for Food Vouchers
- » Bulgarian Experts: Life will Continue to Become More Expensive in the Coming Months
- » The Fitch BBB Rating of Bulgaria with a Positive Outlook has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister is Confidant that Bulgaria will Adopt the Euro from January 1, 2024