Bulgaria with Lowest Base Interest Rate in Two Years
The Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has lowered Bulgaria's base interest rate by 0,43 percentage points bringing it to its lowest level since January 2007.
Thus, starting March 1, 2009, Bulgaria's base interest rate will be 3,49%, which is a 1,68 percentage points drop since the beginning of the year when it stood at 5,17%.
In December 2008, Bulgaria's base interest rate reached its highest value in ten years - 5,77%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bank's ex-CEO Kristalina Georgieva Accused on Exerting Pressure on Bank's staff to Boost China's Ranking in "Doing Business 2018" Report
- » EU Finance Ministers Meet in Slovenia Friday Saturday to Amend Budget Spending Rules for Member States
- » Bulgaria: Minimum Pension Becomes BGN 370
- » Bulgaria: MPs at Odds with Finance Minister over Adopted Budget Update
- » Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Hesitate Investing in Bitcoin
- » International Blue-Chip Stock: The New Market Segment in Bulgaria