120 New Hotels Open up in Bulgaria in 2008
120 news hotels opened doors in Bulgaria in 2008, according to data released by the National Statistical Institute.
This is an 8% increase bringing the total number of hotels in Bulgaria to 1 646. 43,3% of all hotels, and 63,8% of all hotel beds are located on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
A total of 3 217 accommodation facilities existed in Bulgaria in 2008, including hotels, motels, camping sites, and lodges.
The total number of beds in these facilities increased by 7,3% in 2008 to reach over 293 000 beds.
The number of overnight stays in Bulgaria's accommodation facilities grew by 1,2% (or by 215 000) compared to the 2007 figures, reaching a total of over 18,3 million overnight stays.
The general trend shows an increase in the number of overnight stays by Bulgarians, and a decrease in the number of overnight stays by foreign citizens.
- » Up to 60 Irish Holidaymakers Left Stranded in Bulgaria after Travel Agents' Failure
- » The Cheapest Spot for Families this Summer
- » The Ministry of Tourism Expects a 5% Increase in Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv