Russia PM Becomes Newest Doctor Honoris Causa of Veliko Turnovo University
The nomination was submitted by the Rector Professor Plamen Legkostup and was unanimously approved during a meeting of the University's Academic Council.
Putin is to receive the honorary title in the area of legal sciences and during the Year of Bulgaria in Russia (2009). 2008 was the official Year of Russia in Bulgaria.
"As a former President of the Russian Federation and current Prime Minister, Vladimir Putin, has without any doubt made huge contributions to world peace and to the Bulgaria-Russia relations," Legkostup said while submitting the nomination.
The University has sent a letter to Putin via the Russian Embassy in Sofia and the Russian Ambassador Uri Issakov. The date of the official ceremony is yet to be determined and would depend on the schedules of Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov and PM Stanishev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Church Honors St. Kliment Ochridski Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 4382 Registered Cases, 1876 Cured
- » Bulgaria Tops Mortality Rate Ranking, GPs Join Battle with Pandemic
- » European Commission Will Approve Vaccine Contract with Moderna Inc. Tomorrow
- » Survey: 40% of Bulgarians Believe that COVID-19 Is Biological Weapon
- » Date to Remember: The World Lost Frontman of Queen Freddie Mercury 29 Years Ago