Concert in Tribute to Macedonian Pop Icon Unites Balkans
The tribute concert will be held under the banner "We all love you, Tose," as a reply to Tose's practice to greet his audience at every concert with the words "I love you all," his manager Liljana Petrovic told local Blic newspaper, as cited by balkaninsight.com.
Some 20 singers from across the Balkans are expected at the event and a number of televisions are to broadcast the concert live.
A classically-trained singer, Proeski started his pop career at 15, releasing his debut album at 18. He sang in Macedonian and Serbian and represented Macedonia in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2004.
Proeski was killed when his car hit the back of a truck and crashed into the protective fence on the motorway between Zagreb and Belgrade in October 2007.
- » Blast in Bulgaria's Hitrino: What Actually Happened
- » Twenty-Nine Injured in Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast - Minister
- » Uncertainty over Causes of Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast
- » Death Toll Rises in Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast
- » Four Die, Many Injured in Blast after Rail Accident in Bulgaria's Hitrino
- » Judges Protest against Top Body, Working Conditions in Sofia
Tose Proeski, only few days before his own ending has talked with a journalist of Kurir regarding himself, his friends and life. Very honest, he claimed that he would never be withhout his friends, he is not choosing some shortcuts to popularity and he is giving everything he can to his parents. He talkede about his plans, living it day by day, with christian values.
What are your immprestions regarding concert on Skopje stadion on October 5th?
- Concert is the biggest and most beautiful gift they could give to me, my fans. Every fan diserves from you to give your whole self, but as you sing to someone with whome you are your own, it is very special feeling. There are no words to thank my own fans. After concert I can't make clear scenes, emotions are very strong, but I know that it has been unbelivable energy fusion.