BEST BULGARIAN BODYGUARDS ENGAGED IN PAPAL VISIT
Politics | May 14, 2002, Tuesday // 00:00| Views: 380 | Comments: 0
Pope John Paul II will be constantly surrounded by six of his personal bodyguards during his visit in Bulgaria (www.popeinbulgaria.com) and Bulgarian bodyguards will not be allowed in close proximity to him. Still guards from the National Protection Service will fly on board the helicopter, which will take the Pope to the Rila Monastery and Plovdiv. The policemen to guard the open-air meetings during the visit will not be armed. Commanders from the specialized squad for fight against terrorism and the National Protection Service will also be engaged in guarding the Pope. Snipers are to be positioned on top of the roofs around the places the Pope will have meetings with people and along the streets he will walk. On May 20 policemen from different Bulgarian towns will come to Sofia to act out different situations and coordinate their actions with colleagues from the capital. The latter will start their night duties several days before May 23, the first date in the Papal visit.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Bulgaria Joins European Public Law Organization
- » Bulgaria's President-Elect 'Refuses Role' in Creating Interim Govt
- » Bulgarian President to Hand Mandate to Reformist Bloc Next Week
- » Bulgaria's Socialists Return Govt Mandate to President
- » Bulgaria's Reformists Ready to Draft Cabinet Only If Handed Mandate
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Makes U-Turn on Terror Threat
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)