Kosovo Parliament Adopts National Anthem
The hymn has only music and no text. It is called "Europe", and was composed by Mehdi Mendici. The lack of text is seen as compliance to the principle of multi-ethnicity of the newest Balkan Republic.
Representatives of the Alliance New Kosovo party said they did not support the hymn because it did not reflect the cultural specificity of the former Serbian province.
The constitution of Kosovo, which declared its independence unilaterally on February 17, will enter into force on June 15.
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus
- » Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza
- » Israel Resumes Gaza Offensive after Hamas Rocket Attacks
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry Slams New EU Sanctions
- » EU Imposes Sanctions on Russian Intelligence Chiefs