Kosovo Parliament Adopts National Anthem
The hymn has only music and no text. It is called "Europe", and was composed by Mehdi Mendici. The lack of text is seen as compliance to the principle of multi-ethnicity of the newest Balkan Republic.
Representatives of the Alliance New Kosovo party said they did not support the hymn because it did not reflect the cultural specificity of the former Serbian province.
The constitution of Kosovo, which declared its independence unilaterally on February 17, will enter into force on June 15.
- » 'Greece Will Return to Democracy, Social Cohesion, Dignity,' Tsipras Says
- » Ukraine Marks Day of National Mourning after Mariupol Rocket Attacks
- » Greeks Vote in Decisive Early Election
- » Ukraine’s PM Calls for Urgent UN Security Council Meeting over Mariupol Shelling
- » Rocket Fire Kills At Least 15 in Ukraine’s Mariupol, Police Says
- » Greece's Lefist SYRIZA Extends Lead over Conservatives Ahead of Sunday’s Vote