Kosovo Parliament Adopts National Anthem
The hymn has only music and no text. It is called "Europe", and was composed by Mehdi Mendici. The lack of text is seen as compliance to the principle of multi-ethnicity of the newest Balkan Republic.
Representatives of the Alliance New Kosovo party said they did not support the hymn because it did not reflect the cultural specificity of the former Serbian province.
The constitution of Kosovo, which declared its independence unilaterally on February 17, will enter into force on June 15.
- » Russia, EU Representatives to Engage in Frank Talks over Ukraine
- » Russia Bids Nemtsov Goodbye
- » Lavrov, Kerry Discuss Minsk Ceasefire, Nemtsov’s Murder
- » Los Angeles Police Shot Homeless Man
- » Iraq Launches Offensive Against IS to Recapture Tikrit
- » Estonia’s Ruling Reform Party Wins General Elections