Kosovo Parliament Adopts National Anthem
The hymn has only music and no text. It is called "Europe", and was composed by Mehdi Mendici. The lack of text is seen as compliance to the principle of multi-ethnicity of the newest Balkan Republic.
Representatives of the Alliance New Kosovo party said they did not support the hymn because it did not reflect the cultural specificity of the former Serbian province.
The constitution of Kosovo, which declared its independence unilaterally on February 17, will enter into force on June 15.
- » Vice President Georgieva To Leave EC for 1 Month
- » 5.4-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Rodos Island
- » Turkey Fires 87 Secret Service Employees
- » Slovakian PM Fico: Asylum Seekers Quotas Are Politically Exhausted
- » Merkel Calls For Agreements on Migrants With Tunisia, Egypt
- » Turkish Security Services Draft New List of 20,000 Suspected Gulen Supporters