Bulgaria Biggest Cable Providers to Merge
The cable providers have submitted an application with the Commission for the Protection of Competition since the merger must be approved in order to be realized.
"According to expert valuations if the merger becomes a fact, we will have 25% paid television market share in Bulgaria", stated Petio Staikov, Chair if the Board of "Evrokom Cable".
The newly created telecommunication company will be part of the FN Cable Holding controlled by the investment fund WarburgPincus. The fund so far only owned "Evrokom Cable Management Bulgaria".
Cabletel exists since 1999 and from 2003 has been owned by the international strategic investor.
We combine the most contemporary national optic infrastructure of "Cabletel" with the wide geographic presence of "Evrokom" and its experience in providing quality service", said Dimitar Radev, Executive Director of "Cabletel".
The names of the new company and its top manager are still unknown.
Both operators develop cable and digital television, internet and phone services with similar prices. The merger does not provide for a price increase unless it would be imposed but the growing inflation.
After the merger the new company will be offering its newest service - HDTV - high definition television. Just a week ago, before the merger was announced, both cable providers presented their HDTV plans.
The merger also provides for extension of the telephone and internet services.
- » Azerbaijan, Bulgaria Agree on Gas Deliveries from 2020
- » Bulgaria to Study Options for Azerbaijani Gas Supplies - Energy Min
- » Turkey to Complete Wall with Syria in 5 Months
- » Bulgaria Doesn't Appeal Arbitration Ruling over Atomstroyexport Debt
- » IAEA, EBRD Officials among Speakers at Nuclear Decommissioning Conference in Sofia
- » Bulgaria EconMin Visiting Azerbaijan on Thursday, Friday