Catalyst from Passenger Bag Set Bulgarian Train on Fire - Official
"The thing that caused the flames dissemination was probably held in a passenger's luggage," Anguelov said.
"There is no of a car self-ignition in Bulgaria so far. It is also impossible that the blazes swept through the machine as a result of a fluorescent light-bulb explosion," he explained.
"Moreover, a total of eight bulbs have been changed before the train left the station in Sofia," the official added.
Anguelov has denied the rumors claiming there were no functioning fire-extinguishers in the train at the time of the accident.
"All fire-extinguishers are kept in the service premises. The servant from the sleeping compartment had no such a facility in his car and just took another from somewhere else," the BDZ official said.
Anguelov revealed the man mentioned held the keys of the doors between the cars but did not manage to unlock all of them in time due to the huge fire.
The tragedy claimed a total of eight victims as one more passenger is still considered missing.
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » 10% of Sofia Univeristy Places Remain Vacant After Third-Round Admission
- » Free-of-Charge Entry to Sofia Municipal Museums on September 22
- » Der Standard: Antiquities Traders Have Little to Fear of Bulgarian Authorities
- » Exhibition of Pulitzer-Winning Bulgarian Photographer Opens in Sofia
- » Procedure for Recognition of EU Higher-Education Diplomas Simplified
I would even go further and say, that safety measures for animal transports in EU are higher and better supervised then for those GDR cars...
The excuses from those officials we already heared from other accidents and natural catastrophies:
- Not my buisness/responsibility.
- Their own fault.
- Shit happens everywhere.
- Resign?! Why? For what?
Are there any investigations started after all?
So it's a passengers mistake ? Show some respect for these dead people and come up with the real cause.
Probably the same passenger threw the missing fire-extinguisher out of the window, just before... They even have automated sprinklers (from leaking roofs, toilet reservoirs...).
There must role heads on this catastofic accident. And I don't mean of the passengers.