Damaged Hydrant Impedes Train Flames Battle in Bulgaria
The fire brigades managed to start working about half-an-hour after they arrived on the spot.
Earlier in the day, a passenger, who survived the hellish accident, explained there was no well-functioning fire-extinguisher on board of the machine.
The blazes took a total of eight victims, according to the latest authorities' data. Immediate reports claim a child was also among the passengers killed.
Other nine people suffered serious injuries in the accident.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival