EU Approves Bulgaria's Major Operative Programs
The announcement was made by Bulgaria's Transport and Environment Ministries.
The negotiations on the transport program, which has the biggest budget, have been completed about two weeks ago.
Bulgaria will be given the opportunity to absorb more than EUR 2 B on this program until 2013. Part of the money is to come from the EU Cohesion fund for improving railway, highway and first-class roads networks as well as for developing the combined and water transport.
Among the key projects to be developed on the program is the modernization of railway line between the capital city of Sofia and the northern town of Vidin (European transport corridor X), Struma highway (European transport corridor IV), Maritsa highway, Sofia underground extension and the construction of Intermodal terminal in the capital, Transport Ministry said.
A total of EUR 1,2 B could be potentially absorbed on the Environmental program. Purification of drinking and waste waters in residential places, populated by more than 2,000 people, garbage management and biological diversity recovery are among the priority projects to be accomplished due to the program's financing.
Bulgaria's Regional Development Ministry is to launch November 14 yet another operative program, focused mainly on constructing second and third-class roads.
- » Bulgaria To Pay First BGN 3.4 M Installment For Refugees in Turkey
- » EUR 160 M in Financial Assistance For Bulgaria Matter Of Days
- » European Deputy Mariya Gabriel Recognised As One of 25 Most Influential Deputies
- » Non-Schengen EU Members to Meet in Warsaw
- » Bulgaria PM Urges Commitment to EU-Turkey Migrant Deal, Hotspots Outside Europe
- » Bulgaria Waiting for Canadian Visa Waiver Timetable Soon