Bulgaria Assuages Giant Ballot Fears
So many candidates are running in local elections next month that the ballot length has stirred tension among both officials and voters. The authorities say they will order more than 11 million large envelopes to accommodate the unprecedented length.
Capital Sofia and the town of Sandanski will sport the longest ballots with 30 parties and 35 coalitions running for mayors and municipal councillors in the south-western town.
Voters will cast three integral ballots on October 28 - for mayors, for municipal councillors and district mayors.
- » One in Four Bulgarians to Vote for GERB in Next Elections – Poll
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
- » Fiasco and Hope After Bulgarian Government Resignation - Der Standard
- » President Rosen Plevneliev Urges Full Disclosure of 'KTB Files'
- » President Plevneliev: Parliament to Solve Key Tasks Before Dissolution
- » GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate