Bulgaria Assuages Giant Ballot Fears
So many candidates are running in local elections next month that the ballot length has stirred tension among both officials and voters. The authorities say they will order more than 11 million large envelopes to accommodate the unprecedented length.
Capital Sofia and the town of Sandanski will sport the longest ballots with 30 parties and 35 coalitions running for mayors and municipal councillors in the south-western town.
Voters will cast three integral ballots on October 28 - for mayors, for municipal councillors and district mayors.
- » Bulgarian Opposition Want Parliament Vice-Speaker Fired
- » EU Welcomes Ukraine's 'Deep European Aspirations'
- » Bulgarian Refugee Agency Head: Poor Conditions Helped Us Get More Aid
- » Bulgaria to Send Commando Unit to Afghanistan
- » Bulgarian Students Protest against Interior Ministry Draft
- » UK Carries On Crusade against Bulgarians, Romanians, Wants New EU Rules