Bulgaria Assuages Giant Ballot Fears
So many candidates are running in local elections next month that the ballot length has stirred tension among both officials and voters. The authorities say they will order more than 11 million large envelopes to accommodate the unprecedented length.
Capital Sofia and the town of Sandanski will sport the longest ballots with 30 parties and 35 coalitions running for mayors and municipal councillors in the south-western town.
Voters will cast three integral ballots on October 28 - for mayors, for municipal councillors and district mayors.
- » Kosovo President Receives Bulgaria's Ambassador for Farewell Visit
- » Bulgaria Asked to Give EUR 7 M More for EU's 2015 Budget
- » Bulgaria Applies for Flood Damage Aid from EUSF
- » President Plevleniev: Bulgaria Can Meet EU's Renewables Target
- » Plovdiv Mayor Signs Contract for BGN 30 M Loan from EBRD
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks