Bulgaria Assuages Giant Ballot Fears
So many candidates are running in local elections next month that the ballot length has stirred tension among both officials and voters. The authorities say they will order more than 11 million large envelopes to accommodate the unprecedented length.
Capital Sofia and the town of Sandanski will sport the longest ballots with 30 parties and 35 coalitions running for mayors and municipal councillors in the south-western town.
Voters will cast three integral ballots on October 28 - for mayors, for municipal councillors and district mayors.
- » Pakistan 'to Table Own Fighters Offer' to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: We Need Humbleness and Unity More Than Ever
- » John Kerry Notes Improvement in Bulgarian Democracy
- » European Commission Celebrates Bulgaria's Liberation Day
- » Unemployment Registered Slight Drop in Bulgaria in January
- » Tackling Poverty Requires Holistic Approach- Romania’s EU Commissioner