2 Gold, 1 Silver Medals for Bulgaria in International IT Olympiad
The Olympiad concluded at Zagreb in Croatia on Wednesday. The three boys will arrive to Bulgaria on Thursday.
Iskren Chernev and Rostislav Rumenov won the gold medals for Bulgaria. The silver went to Emil Ibrishimov. Vhernev scored 424 points, Rumenov followed behind with 391 and Ibrishimov notched up 299 points.
The team was led by Emil Kelevedjiev from the Informatics and mathematics institute with the Bulgarian Academy of sciences and Stoyan Kapralov, professor in the Technical University in Gabrovo
Seventy-seven countries participated in the IOI and in terms of aggregate score, the Bulgarian team ranked 6th.
The IOI is one of the most prominent computer science competitions in the world. The Competition Tasks are of an algorithm nature, however the contestants have to show basic skills as problem analysis, design of the algorithm needed, data structures, as well as programming and testing of their solutions.
- » Turkish Tourist Suffers Injuries While Skiing in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Man Barricades Himself in His Home, Opens Fire on Neighbors’ House, Police
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Oldest Cyrillic Inscription
- » Confidence in Bulgarian Parliament, Government Increases – Gallup