2 Gold, 1 Silver Medals for Bulgaria in International IT Olympiad
The Olympiad concluded at Zagreb in Croatia on Wednesday. The three boys will arrive to Bulgaria on Thursday.
Iskren Chernev and Rostislav Rumenov won the gold medals for Bulgaria. The silver went to Emil Ibrishimov. Vhernev scored 424 points, Rumenov followed behind with 391 and Ibrishimov notched up 299 points.
The team was led by Emil Kelevedjiev from the Informatics and mathematics institute with the Bulgarian Academy of sciences and Stoyan Kapralov, professor in the Technical University in Gabrovo
Seventy-seven countries participated in the IOI and in terms of aggregate score, the Bulgarian team ranked 6th.
The IOI is one of the most prominent computer science competitions in the world. The Competition Tasks are of an algorithm nature, however the contestants have to show basic skills as problem analysis, design of the algorithm needed, data structures, as well as programming and testing of their solutions.
- » Scientists to Search for Ancient Civilization in Bulgaria's Rhodopes
- » Communist-Era Cars Museum to Open in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Nearly 80 Thousand Migrants Arrived in Europe by Sea in H1 2014
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks