Sarcophagus, Unique Gold Jewellery Unearthed in Bulgaria
The cremated bones of a woman, who was buried in 1st - 2nd century, were placed in the sarcophagus.
The archaeologist Daniela Agre claims that was a unreal typical for the richest families in the Roman Era.
The team of Professor Agre, who are doing excavation works in the area, stumbled upon the unique artefacts while researching the so called Raykova mound.
They hope the relics of the eminent person the mound was made for will be discovered in few days.
- » Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Beglika Fest Returns For Sixth Time
- » Second Vicitim of Floods in Bulgaria's Vratsa Region Reported
- » Ticket Frenzy For 'Hamlet' Starring Benedict Cumberbatch
- » Bulgarian Capital Launches 5th Edition of 'Sofia Breathes' Festival
- » Sofia City Launches EUR 16.7 M Underground Railway Extension