Sarcophagus, Unique Gold Jewellery Unearthed in Bulgaria
The cremated bones of a woman, who was buried in 1st - 2nd century, were placed in the sarcophagus.
The archaeologist Daniela Agre claims that was a unreal typical for the richest families in the Roman Era.
The team of Professor Agre, who are doing excavation works in the area, stumbled upon the unique artefacts while researching the so called Raykova mound.
They hope the relics of the eminent person the mound was made for will be discovered in few days.
- » Turkish Tourist Suffers Injuries While Skiing in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Man Barricades Himself in His Home, Opens Fire on Neighbors’ House, Police
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Oldest Cyrillic Inscription
- » Confidence in Bulgarian Parliament, Government Increases – Gallup