Sarcophagus, Unique Gold Jewellery Unearthed in Bulgaria
The cremated bones of a woman, who was buried in 1st - 2nd century, were placed in the sarcophagus.
The archaeologist Daniela Agre claims that was a unreal typical for the richest families in the Roman Era.
The team of Professor Agre, who are doing excavation works in the area, stumbled upon the unique artefacts while researching the so called Raykova mound.
They hope the relics of the eminent person the mound was made for will be discovered in few days.
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival
- » Bulgaria, USA to Create Commission on Safeguarding Cultural Heritage
- » Three Houses Collapsed in Pernik Following Illegal Mining Activities
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Hospitals Will Remain On No-Privatization List
- » Three-Day Jazz Festival to Take Over Sofia