Sarcophagus, Unique Gold Jewellery Unearthed in Bulgaria
The cremated bones of a woman, who was buried in 1st - 2nd century, were placed in the sarcophagus.
The archaeologist Daniela Agre claims that was a unreal typical for the richest families in the Roman Era.
The team of Professor Agre, who are doing excavation works in the area, stumbled upon the unique artefacts while researching the so called Raykova mound.
They hope the relics of the eminent person the mound was made for will be discovered in few days.
- » 62 % of Bulgarians Oppose Issue of New BGN 16 B Debt – Survey
- » CIA: Bulgarian Population is Less Than 7 Million People
- » Baba Tonka Museum Re-Opens in Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Volcano Villarrica Erupts in Chile
- » Google Features Bulgarian Liberation Day Doodle
- » Vandalism Committed in Front of Blagoevgrad Mosque