Sterility among Bulgarian Couples Due to Careless Men in Most Cases
Statistics show that around 230 000 Bulgarian couples cannot have children because of sterility, which is in almost all cases the man's problem.
The most prone to sterility are the men who work with computers and spend more than eight hours daily in front of the PC monitor. The other group of men that are in risk of getting unable to create offspring are the drivers and people who work with petroleum products.
One of the things that leads to sterility in men is hormone misbalance that springs put of stress and overweight. Another reason is the ionising radiation coming from the monitor is the third reason for the unproductiveness among men.
Stress, alcohol and smoking are seen as the main threats to a man's fertility as these three factors reduce the number and the agility of the germ cells and they cannot reach the ovum. Here doctors mention sexually transmitted diseases that were not treated on time or were not treated at all. Sterility in many cases can be reduced or even cured, but the problem is that most men feel embarrassed when they have to talk about it and usually do not discuss the issue even with their closest persons, Doctor Bachvarov said.
He will carry out free medical checks for preventing sterility among men on June 2 and 3 in his private hospital in Sofia.
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Attack on Bulgaria's Dogan Makes AFP Pics of Year
- » Bulgaria on Alert for Strong Winds, Snow
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014