Tight Security, Melee as Bulgarian Gangster Boss Turns up in Court
Unprecedented security measures marked the appearance of Mihalev, aka Madzho, who arrived in court three hours later than scheduled and after a series of failed attempts to get him there.
The witness was an associate of one of the founders of Bulgaria's obsolete ex-grouping SIC Milcho Bonev, who was killed in Sofia on July 30, 2004.
Court security, police and private guards were deployed across the court of justice and the parking lot in front.
A photo reporter was reported injured in a clash with the police.
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website
- » Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
- » Bulgarian Police Officer Critically Wounded By Mentally Ill Man