Tight Security, Melee as Bulgarian Gangster Boss Turns up in Court
Unprecedented security measures marked the appearance of Mihalev, aka Madzho, who arrived in court three hours later than scheduled and after a series of failed attempts to get him there.
The witness was an associate of one of the founders of Bulgaria's obsolete ex-grouping SIC Milcho Bonev, who was killed in Sofia on July 30, 2004.
Court security, police and private guards were deployed across the court of justice and the parking lot in front.
A photo reporter was reported injured in a clash with the police.
- » Police Detains 33 People for Plotting Clashes with Ethnic Minorities
- » Serbia Arrests Bulgarian National for Trafficking Afghan Refugees
- » Burgas Bombing 'Raised Hezbollah Suspicions of Double Agent'
- » Bulgaria's DANS Apprehends Three Terrorist Suspects at Border
- » Seven Bulgarians Arrested in Belgrade for Intending to Stage Protest
- » Bulgarian Man Arrested by Macedonian Police for Human Smuggling Attempt