Tight Security, Melee as Bulgarian Gangster Boss Turns up in Court
Unprecedented security measures marked the appearance of Mihalev, aka Madzho, who arrived in court three hours later than scheduled and after a series of failed attempts to get him there.
The witness was an associate of one of the founders of Bulgaria's obsolete ex-grouping SIC Milcho Bonev, who was killed in Sofia on July 30, 2004.
Court security, police and private guards were deployed across the court of justice and the parking lot in front.
A photo reporter was reported injured in a clash with the police.
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year