Tight Security, Melee as Bulgarian Gangster Boss Turns up in Court
Unprecedented security measures marked the appearance of Mihalev, aka Madzho, who arrived in court three hours later than scheduled and after a series of failed attempts to get him there.
The witness was an associate of one of the founders of Bulgaria's obsolete ex-grouping SIC Milcho Bonev, who was killed in Sofia on July 30, 2004.
Court security, police and private guards were deployed across the court of justice and the parking lot in front.
A photo reporter was reported injured in a clash with the police.
- » Bulgarian Authorities 'Arrested Varna-Based Criminal Gang'
- » Bulgarian, Pakistan Citizens Arrested for Helping Foreign Nationals Stay in Bulgaria Illegally
- » Bulgarian Court Rules to Extradite Paris Terror Suspect to France
- » Russian Mobster with Fake Bulgarian Passport Arrested in Vienna
- » 15 Bulgarian Border Policemen Suspected of Human Trafficking
- » Detained French Terror Suspect 'Knew Nothing' of Charlie Hebdo Attack Plans