Sofia Seminary Receives St Modest's Relics
The relics were taken from the National Historical Museum and transferred to the Sofia Seminary's temple St Ivan Rilsky in the with a special church procession.
With this procession Bulgaria revives a very old spiritual tradition, head of the NHM Bozhidar Dimitrov said.
Saint Modest was born in the town Sevastia, now Sivas and is regarded to be the protector of cattle and other domestic animals. In 614 AC the Persian King Horozoi II goes on a devastating mission to destroy all Christian in Palestine and Syria. In this troubled times St. Modest was entrusted the government of the Palestinian Church.
He died on December 18, 634 and on this date the Orthodox Church celebrates his day.
- » Bulgaria’s Health Ministry Mulls 3-10% Tax on Junk Food
- » Rally Driver Dies, Co-Driver Injured after Heavy Crash Near Bulgaria's Tvarditsa
- » Austria Embassy Suspicious Package 'False Alarm'
- » Suspicious Package Found at Austrian Embassy in Sofia
- » Sofia Pride to Take Place Saturday
- » Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival