Medieval Sacred Icon on Display in Bulgaria
This icon and will be presented in connection with the holiday of the Bulgarian enlightener St Kliment Ohridski that the Orthodox Church marks on November 25.
Saint Kliment Ohridski is also called the Miracle-Worker and it is believed his relics can heal.
He was one of the disciples of the Holy Brothers Sts. Cyril and Methodius who created the Slavic alphabet and made the first translations in it in the 9th century. Their disciples introduced the alphabet in Bulgaria, putting the beginning of its journey to the world.
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Attack on Bulgaria's Dogan Makes AFP Pics of Year
- » Bulgaria on Alert for Strong Winds, Snow
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014