Mince Meat Stuffed Peppers
* 8 mixed peppers (red, green, yellow),
* 500 gr. minced meat (beef, pork or chicken),
* 60 gr. rice, 2 onions, chopped parsley,
* 1 can of chopped tomatoes,
* 3 tbs. oil, paprika, salt and pepper
1. Take the seeds out of the peppers by cutting a hole on top, wash and dry.
2. Chop finely the onions.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onions for 2-3 minutes, add the minced meat and cook for about 5 minutes, add the rice and tomatoes (keep the tomato juice for later), season with salt, pepper and paprika, cook for another 2 minutes and take off the hob.
4. Stuff each pepper with the mixture (about 3/4 full), arrange in an oven proof deep dish, add the tomato juice and top up with water to half fill the dish, cover with foil and cook for about 30 minutes in a preheated oven (190 C), uncover and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the peppers are cooked.
5. You can serve them on their own or with joghurt.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival