Mince Meat Stuffed Peppers
* 8 mixed peppers (red, green, yellow),
* 500 gr. minced meat (beef, pork or chicken),
* 60 gr. rice, 2 onions, chopped parsley,
* 1 can of chopped tomatoes,
* 3 tbs. oil, paprika, salt and pepper
1. Take the seeds out of the peppers by cutting a hole on top, wash and dry.
2. Chop finely the onions.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onions for 2-3 minutes, add the minced meat and cook for about 5 minutes, add the rice and tomatoes (keep the tomato juice for later), season with salt, pepper and paprika, cook for another 2 minutes and take off the hob.
4. Stuff each pepper with the mixture (about 3/4 full), arrange in an oven proof deep dish, add the tomato juice and top up with water to half fill the dish, cover with foil and cook for about 30 minutes in a preheated oven (190 C), uncover and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the peppers are cooked.
5. You can serve them on their own or with joghurt.
- » Bulgaria’s 2011-2013 Refugee Integration Strategy Was Total Failure – Audit Office
- » Greek Singer Demis Roussos Dies
- » Bulgaria Deputy Parliament Speaker Dies Aged 60
- » Turkish Tourist Suffers Injuries While Skiing in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Man Barricades Himself in His Home, Opens Fire on Neighbors’ House, Police