Fire Scorches Southern Bulgarian Forest
Politics | September 10, 2006, Sunday // 00:00| Views: 1734 | Comments: 0
More than 500 dca of mixed forests were turned into ashes after a mighty fire scorched the area near Haskovo and Topolovgrad, southern Bulgaria. Firefighters have been extinguishing the flames all Sunday afternoon, while at least eight centers of fire loomed up, Tanya Georgieva from Darik News reported. Though the situation remains serious, there is no imminent threat for local people or animal stock, officials said. Patrols will remain on guard all night long.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Bulgaria Govt Endorses Spending of BGN 20.5 M for Disaster Management
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 3 M to Enhance Protection of Borders with Turkey, Greece
- » 'Six Vying' to Head Bulgarian Socialist Party on Sunday
- » Bulgaria's Peevski 'Sold 3 Offshore Companies'
- » Bulgarian Nationalist Leader Tells Expats to Stop Badgering
- » Bulgarian Businessman Tables Fuel Prices Referendum
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)