Bulgarians Unearth Unique Thracian Gold Treasure
Archeological digs are undergoing even in the late hours of the day, Darik News reported, while armed policemen are watching over the treasure.
Locals stumbled upon the amazing discovery while digging for sand for a construction. Archaeologists were quickly called to the scene and they discovered the treasure at dawn on Sunday.
Many golden and silver dishes and ornaments and clay stones with the image of the Mother Earth have been discovered. Ancient Thrace people worshipped the goddess, so this helped in dating the relics.
The most stunning piece that was dug out so far is a priceless crown, along with a pair of golden earrings.
All archaeologists working in the area have already joined their colleagues at the site, and are working without rest, adrenaline rushing through their veins.
- » Nearly 80 Thousand Migrants Arrived in Europe by Sea in H1 2014
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks
- » Private Companies to Organize Driving License Tests – Agency Head
- » Bulgarian Police Is Looking For A German Citizen
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods