Bulgarians Unearth Unique Thracian Gold Treasure
Archeological digs are undergoing even in the late hours of the day, Darik News reported, while armed policemen are watching over the treasure.
Locals stumbled upon the amazing discovery while digging for sand for a construction. Archaeologists were quickly called to the scene and they discovered the treasure at dawn on Sunday.
Many golden and silver dishes and ornaments and clay stones with the image of the Mother Earth have been discovered. Ancient Thrace people worshipped the goddess, so this helped in dating the relics.
The most stunning piece that was dug out so far is a priceless crown, along with a pair of golden earrings.
All archaeologists working in the area have already joined their colleagues at the site, and are working without rest, adrenaline rushing through their veins.
- » Lab Tests Show Radioactivity in Water Pipe in SW Bulgaria
- » Lifeguards Warn Of Dangerous Swells Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
- » Parliament Passes At First Reading NZOK Budget Update
- » August in Bulgaria: Rain in the West, Sun at the Seaside
- » Roma Protesters End Railroad Blockade in Sofia
- » Village near Stara Zagora Holds Sod-Turning Event for Waste Plant