Ancient Thracian Town to Draw Tourists to Bulgaria
Local authorities in the town of Kazanluk plan to turn it into a place of great importance to Bulgaria's tourism. The municipality and four Dutch companies will set up in September a foundation, aimed to promote the ancient town and fund its restoration.
The attractive site, which is the only one of its kind preserved in Bulgaria spreads on a 50 dca area.
Currently, the Thracian heritage is under water after the near dam overflowed it, but the mayor plans to drain the site by erecting a dam wall around it.
Preliminary estimates show that the whole project will be worth some EUR 50 M and may be carried out in eight to nine months.
- » Azerbaijan's Gas Deliveries to Bulgaria May Start in 2020
- » German Chancellor: I Have Not Changed My Position On Migrants
- » Burgas Airport To Shut Down October 31 - December 30
- » Chinese Yuan Becomes Official Reserve Currency
- » BNB: Bulgarian Banking System Profit Exceeds BGN 1 B
- » KEVR To Raise Gas Prices by 1.97% As Of October 1