Tottenham Signs Berbatov for EUR 16 M
The London football club announced that they reached a deal with Berbatov's previous squad, Bayer Leverkusen, and that personal terms with the player have also been agreed.
"There were a number of clubs interested in signing Dimitar, clubs from France, Spain and the Premiership. We are delighted he has chosen to join us," Tottenham's sporting director said.
Damien Comolli praised the new recruit as being a skilful and highly-talented striker.
"Tottenham is a club that is building something special. The squad has some terrific young players, an excellent manager and coaching staff and I am looking forward to playing my part," Berbatov commented.
The 25-year-old scored 21 goals in 34 matches for Bayer in the Bundesliga last season - the second highest goalscorer in the league.
Named Bulgarian Player of the Year in 2002, 2004 and 2005, Berbatov has scored 31 goals in 50 senior international appearances.
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko
- » World Ski Cup Race in Bulgaria's Bansko Cancelled over Heavy Fog
- » Bulgaria's Litex Sells Colombian Striker for EUR 1.6 M to Chinese Team