Bulgaria's President Meets Libya Envoy over Caricatures
Parvanov has expressed his surprise and concern over the publication of the cartoons and expressed his belief that this would not repeat as it was an isolated act that was not supported by the Bulgarian institutions and community.
President Parvanov also voiced his hopes that the publication would not hurt the good relations between the two countries. Bulgaria's president underlined that freedom of speech was not only a right but also a responsibility.
H.E. Ambassador Benshaban highly evaluated the bilateral relation between Bulgaria and Libya and underlined that such sporadic acts would not harm them. He also vowed that the Libyan position on the case would be same.
Cartoons mocking Libya's leader and the justice system were published by a Bulgarian daily Wednesday.
- » Bulgaria is Well Prepared for Greek Bank Crisis, Foreign Minister Mitov says
- » EU Commission President Thanks for Bulgarian Contribution to Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria Ranked at Bottom of Migrant Integration Index
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 100 M to Juncker Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria’s Agriculture Fund Pays BGN 703 000 to Farmers Affected by Russian Embargo
- » EU Reaches Preliminary Deal to Scrap Mobile Roaming Fees by mid-2017