NATO Eyes Bulgaria, Romania in Crack down on Black Sea Smuggling
Talking to the United Press International, Gen. James L. Jones said NATO should become more proactive in preventing conflicts and preempting attacks against its members through proactive engagement at an early stage.
According to Jones the threats the alliance now faced, such as terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, risks to energy supplies and critical infrastructure, were "quite a bit different from those the alliance faced in the Twentieth Century."
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Submits Draft Election Code
- » EP: Russia, Keep Out of Eastern Europe!
- » Bulgaria Assumes Black Sea Cooperation Presidency
- » Bulgarian Delegation Visits Chinese Car Factory
- » US Helsinki Commission Chief Urges Ukrainian Authorities to Drop Force
- » EU Energy Commissioner: EC Not Opposed to South Stream