Thracian Code Breaker Accused of Cribbing
At a press conference on Wednesday Bulgaria-born Dr Stefan Guide was critisised by a Bulgarian journalist that quotes and statements in his book do not meet the reality.
The US-residing linguist, who is also a specialist in cryptography and transcendent analysis, claimed that a Bulgaria-found plate - dating back to the times of Mesopotamia civilization - has provided the code for reading the ancient letters of Thracians.
According to him, the decoded alphabet showed terms such as "Thracia" and "territory of Thracia" to have existed seven centuries before Christ.
This makes it the oldest known human letters in the world, the Bulgarian scientist said.
The culture of Palaeolithic tribes living on the territory of today's Bulgaria is believed to hide the roots of ancient Orphic mysteries.
Signs of sound alphabet have been discovered on the localities: Lepeneski Vir and Vincha in Serbia, Karanovo, Gradeshnitsa and Sitovo in Bulgaria, Tartaria in Romania as well as many localities in Macedonia.
More information on the findings - which, if true, will give an entirely new direction of the sciences of Thracians - will be held March 29, Wednesday, in the BTA press club in Sofia, archaeologists announced.
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains
- » Over 100 People Residing in Bulgaria Illegally Arrested in Special Operation
- » Antoaneta Vasileva Questioned In Money Laundering Investigation
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Warns of New Refugee Wave