Serbia Confirms Bird Flu at Domestic Fowl
World | March 26, 2006, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Serbia has confirmed the first case of a domestic bird infected with the lethal H5N1 strain of avian flu virus. The rooster was found on March 15at the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina. The 10km perimeter around the site has been declared a risk zone. The test results have been confirmed by the European Union reference laboratory in Weybridge, UK. As a precautionary measure, more than 30 people in the affected area were under intense medical supervision. In the meantime, veterinarians are monitoring all fowl in a 10 km radius.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » EU Gives May 2 Weeks to Act on Divorce Bill and Ireland
- » Russia Blocks Bid to Briefly Extend Syria Chemical Weapons Inquiry
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods
- » Two Weeks to Unlock Brexit, EU Tells Britain's May
- » Barcelona Unveils New Anti-Terror Measures in Response to August Attack
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Pulls Troops out of NATO Exercise
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)