Serbia Confirms Bird Flu at Domestic Fowl
World | March 26, 2006, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Serbia has confirmed the first case of a domestic bird infected with the lethal H5N1 strain of avian flu virus. The rooster was found on March 15at the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina. The 10km perimeter around the site has been declared a risk zone. The test results have been confirmed by the European Union reference laboratory in Weybridge, UK. As a precautionary measure, more than 30 people in the affected area were under intense medical supervision. In the meantime, veterinarians are monitoring all fowl in a 10 km radius.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Turkish President Erdogan Calls on all Muslims to 'Protect' Jerusalem
- » IOM: 120 018 Migrants and Refugees Arrived in Europe Since the Beginning of 2017
- » Polish President Signs Bill Giving Justice Minister Power to Hire Court Heads
- » Experimental Vaccine Against HIV has Promising Results
- » French Police Arrested 150 Migrants at Cannes Station
- » The World’s First Crewless Ship will Launch Next Year
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)