Serbia Confirms Bird Flu at Domestic Fowl
World | March 26, 2006, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Serbia has confirmed the first case of a domestic bird infected with the lethal H5N1 strain of avian flu virus. The rooster was found on March 15at the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina. The 10km perimeter around the site has been declared a risk zone. The test results have been confirmed by the European Union reference laboratory in Weybridge, UK. As a precautionary measure, more than 30 people in the affected area were under intense medical supervision. In the meantime, veterinarians are monitoring all fowl in a 10 km radius.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » G7 States Agree With UK That Russia ‘Highly Likely’ Responsible for Skripal Case
- » Toronto Van Suspect Attended Classes For Students with Special Needs
- » George Bush Hospitalised Day after Wife’s Funeral
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration
- » EU Regulator Investigates Alitalia State Loan
- » Population Depletion Threatens the Economies of Eastern Europe
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)