Sugar Producers in Bulgaria Vow to Decrease Final Prices
The meeting was also attended by Finance Minister Plamen Oresharski and the heads of the sugar plants in Plovdiv, Dolna Mitropolia, Devnya, Burgas and Russe.
Until the end of 2006 the plants with work at cost price plus profitableness from 1.6% то 2.3%. After that the price of a kilogram sugar should be BGN 1,51 at most.
At the meeting the directors of the five plants presented to the prime ministers the condition of the market and the sugar sector. They underlined that since 2004 there is a stable growth and modernization of the sector in Bulgaria. All 6 sugar plants in Bulgaria are now operating and some 2,500 workers are currently employed in that sector.
Bulgaria's sugar plants have paid BGN 3,5 M profit tax in 2005 and BGN 2,8 M VAT.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Implements KTB Committee
- » Bulgaria’s Largest Bread Manufacturer Granted EUR 14 M Investment Loan
- » Westinghouse Fuel Performs Flawlessly in Ukraine NPP, Experts Say
- » Europe Has No Alternative to Russian Gas at Present – Bulgaria’s Deputy PM
- » Vidin's Waste Management Company Workers Go on Strike
- » Bulgaria’s Mining Production to Drop 5-10% in 2015