Sugar Producers in Bulgaria Vow to Decrease Final Prices
The meeting was also attended by Finance Minister Plamen Oresharski and the heads of the sugar plants in Plovdiv, Dolna Mitropolia, Devnya, Burgas and Russe.
Until the end of 2006 the plants with work at cost price plus profitableness from 1.6% то 2.3%. After that the price of a kilogram sugar should be BGN 1,51 at most.
At the meeting the directors of the five plants presented to the prime ministers the condition of the market and the sugar sector. They underlined that since 2004 there is a stable growth and modernization of the sector in Bulgaria. All 6 sugar plants in Bulgaria are now operating and some 2,500 workers are currently employed in that sector.
Bulgaria's sugar plants have paid BGN 3,5 M profit tax in 2005 and BGN 2,8 M VAT.
- » Bulgarian Renewable Energy Firms to Be Refunded over Grid Access Fee
- » Bulgarian Watchdog Hints at Power Price Cut in February-March 2014
- » Bulgaria's Govt to Review 7 Ski Tourism Development Projects
- » Bulgaria’s 2012 GDP per Capita Ranks Last in EU
- » Bugaria's Constitutional Court to Review Renewable Energy Fee
- » Westinghouse Set to Boost Bulgaria's Growth - CEO