Sugar Producers in Bulgaria Vow to Decrease Final Prices
The meeting was also attended by Finance Minister Plamen Oresharski and the heads of the sugar plants in Plovdiv, Dolna Mitropolia, Devnya, Burgas and Russe.
Until the end of 2006 the plants with work at cost price plus profitableness from 1.6% то 2.3%. After that the price of a kilogram sugar should be BGN 1,51 at most.
At the meeting the directors of the five plants presented to the prime ministers the condition of the market and the sugar sector. They underlined that since 2004 there is a stable growth and modernization of the sector in Bulgaria. All 6 sugar plants in Bulgaria are now operating and some 2,500 workers are currently employed in that sector.
Bulgaria's sugar plants have paid BGN 3,5 M profit tax in 2005 and BGN 2,8 M VAT.
- » Economy Ministry Working to Ensure Varna TPS Will Remain Open
- » Merger of Revenue, Customs Agency Not on Agenda of Caretaker Govt
- » Bulgaria's Central Bank Holds Meeting on KTB Recovery
- » Car Tolls at Danube Bridge 2 May Drop by 50%
- » Clocks Set To Astronomical Time On Sunday
- » Bulgaria's Ombudsman Predicts 'Avalanche Of Lawsuits' Regarding KTB