Sugar Producers in Bulgaria Vow to Decrease Final Prices
The meeting was also attended by Finance Minister Plamen Oresharski and the heads of the sugar plants in Plovdiv, Dolna Mitropolia, Devnya, Burgas and Russe.
Until the end of 2006 the plants with work at cost price plus profitableness from 1.6% то 2.3%. After that the price of a kilogram sugar should be BGN 1,51 at most.
At the meeting the directors of the five plants presented to the prime ministers the condition of the market and the sugar sector. They underlined that since 2004 there is a stable growth and modernization of the sector in Bulgaria. All 6 sugar plants in Bulgaria are now operating and some 2,500 workers are currently employed in that sector.
Bulgaria's sugar plants have paid BGN 3,5 M profit tax in 2005 and BGN 2,8 M VAT.
- » Sofia Heating Utility CEO Dismissed over KTB Assets
- » Bulgaria's Globul Loses Profit and Revenue
- » Turkey OKs South Stream Environmental Impact Assessment
- » Over BGN 1 B Withdrawn From Bulgarian Banks In June
- » Bulgaria's Sunny Beach – Cheapest EU Tourist Destination for Brits
- » Bulgaria's PM Plamen Oresharski Resigns