UK Defense Chief Greeted in Bulgaria
Politics | February 27, 2006, Monday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
UK's Chief of Defense General Sir Michael Walker (L) and Bulgarian Army's headquarters chief General Nikola Kolev (R) attend the welcome ceremony. Photo by Nadya Kotseva (Sofia News Agency)
Bulgaria hailed Monday UK's Chief of Defense General Sir Michael Walker, with a celebration before the Unknown Soldier Monument in Sofia. Despite the grim weather Bulgarian troops greeted Walker and the military delegation he heads warmly in front of the Eternal Flame, that blazes at the monument. During the three-day visit Walker will discuss the possibilities of further developing the military cooperation between Bulgaria and the UK. He is to meet Defense Minister Vesselin Bliznakov, and President Georgi Parvanov. The General will also visit the Graf Ignatievo airbase and the 61 mechanized brigade in Karlovo.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » President Rumen Radev Urges Parties Towards Responsible and Constructive Attitude at National Assembly
- » Four Cases of Measles Registered During the Weekend in Plovdiv
- » Turkey's Erdogan To Meet Trump at White House in Mid-May
- » Turkish Citizen Included in Information Database of Unwanted Foreigners In the Country Due to Posing Threat to the National Security
- » DPS Does Not Aim at Cabinet Positions at All Costs
- » Two People Dead, 17 Injured in Road Accidents During Past Day in Bulgaria
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)