UK Defense Chief Greeted in Bulgaria
Politics | February 27, 2006, Monday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
UK's Chief of Defense General Sir Michael Walker (L) and Bulgarian Army's headquarters chief General Nikola Kolev (R) attend the welcome ceremony. Photo by Nadya Kotseva (Sofia News Agency)
Bulgaria hailed Monday UK's Chief of Defense General Sir Michael Walker, with a celebration before the Unknown Soldier Monument in Sofia. Despite the grim weather Bulgarian troops greeted Walker and the military delegation he heads warmly in front of the Eternal Flame, that blazes at the monument. During the three-day visit Walker will discuss the possibilities of further developing the military cooperation between Bulgaria and the UK. He is to meet Defense Minister Vesselin Bliznakov, and President Georgi Parvanov. The General will also visit the Graf Ignatievo airbase and the 61 mechanized brigade in Karlovo.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » UK Ambassador to Bulgaria: 'We Want the Same Rules for Everyone after Brexit'
- » Case against MP Mareshki and His Team Will Not Be Over Soon, Prosecution Says
- » 23% Support for GERB and United Patriots Coalition Government
- » Sweden to replace its entire anti-aircraft system
- » Majority of Scots want second EU referendum
- » Albania to hold parliamentary elections Sunday
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)