Wheeled Library Sets on Bulgaria-wide Tour
The idea, which will be implemented for the first time in the country after the example of other states, was presented by Deputy Culture Minister Nadezhda Zaharieva.
Herself a poet and a widow of prominent Bulgarian author Damyan Damyanov, Zaharieva believes every reader deserves to meet something new on the book market.
The wheeled bus-library will drop by every village, every neighbourhood, even it has a sole resident, she noted.
Every seventh Bulgarian or 13% of the country's population is illiterate, according to latest surveys. The worrisome percentages of illiteracy among Bulgarians is pertaining mainly to the ethnic minority groups, such as Roma population where 60% of the youth lacks basic education.
- » Kosovo President Receives Bulgaria's Ambassador for Farewell Visit
- » Bulgaria Asked to Give EUR 7 M More for EU's 2015 Budget
- » Bulgaria Applies for Flood Damage Aid from EUSF
- » President Plevleniev: Bulgaria Can Meet EU's Renewables Target
- » Plovdiv Mayor Signs Contract for BGN 30 M Loan from EBRD
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks